365 Days of Life & Love



This is my latest Pinterest project that I made!

I originally got the idea from this link but this is my take on it...

I wanted a way to keep up with our daily adventures and all of Liv's firsts in an easy and convenient way. But between all the diaper changings and feedings, finding time to document everything that happens in Liv's baby book was becoming a very distant thought. 

Then I saw this pin and thought it would be a perfect solution! 

Basically there is an index card for every day of the year and when something significant happens on that day I pull the card out and document it. I will continue this process on the same cards every year so what ends up happening is you have a record of your life from year to year and it will help you remember things that have happened on those days.  

Here are some of the things that I have already written fort this year:


I don't write on it everyday because some days there is not much to report on but with a growing baby in the house there are so many days that have become new milestones! Next year I will simply write 2013 below my 2012 comment and just keep the process going! 


The supplies I used:
(everything is from Hobby Lobby)

~The basket is 4.5 in wide, 8 in long, and 4.5 in tall (it was half off at Hobby Lobby)
~I used a thin black sharpie marker to write on everything
~(365) 4.5" x 6.5" solid index cards (I alternated between cream and white to make things easier to see)
~(13) 6" x 6" scrapbook pages (12 pages are for each of the months and 1 page is for the title page. My title was "365 Days of Life & Love" but the title possibilities are endless!) 

I bought the following below for the scrapbook paper, loved all the colors and I didn't have to cut anything! 



All I did was write the month and day on the top right corner of the 365 index cards and then I wrote the month on the top right corner of 12 different 6" x 6" scrapbook pages. I put everything in the basket in chronological order, placing the title page in the front of the basket.

And this is the final product:





There are an endless number of ways that you could create this same project!

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages