Letters for Liv...



Dear sweet Liv Monroe,

I decided to start writing you letters for you to be able to read one day and be reminded of how loved and special you are to me. I also want to offer some words of wisdom that I pray you take to heart along the way.

Words cannot describe how in love I am with you. These past 17.5 months have been filled with more joy than I can stand! There have been so many moments in our time together where you will do something so charming and adorable that I am moved to tears and am overwhelmed with praise to God for allowing me to be your mommy. I prayed for you for years before you made your debut on this earth and I will never stop praying for you as long as I am on it. You have challenged me in so many ways and make me want to be a better person. I often pray for God to teach me how to be a good mommy to you because I feel clueless at times. However, as hard as being a parent can be, my love I have for you makes all the sacrifices so much easier. 

Since you came into my life, my perspective of God and how He views me has been magnified and made clearer. I now see just how much He loves me, how there is NEVER anything that I could do on this earth to make Him stop loving me, how He wants to bless me abundantly, and discipline me only because He loves me and wants what's best for me. I never fully grasped all of those truths until I had you... because that is EXACTLY how I feel about you. 

I'm sure every parent thinks this of their own child, but I have no doubt that the Lord has created you to do BIG things in this world. Your personality is too big for your body at times and you are absolutely fearless... something that scares your daddy and I constantly but I envy that in you the most. I know that there have been so many times in my own life where fear has kept me from being obedient to God and trusting Him enough to get out of my comfort zone. But I know you my sweet girl, will probably dive head first into any mission that the Lord leads you on, not fearing the dangers or the dark world we live in. Never lose that. God did not put us on this earth to live a safe, comfortable life. We are to live for His glory and make His name known to the ends of the earth. And if you have a willing Spirit, He will use you in miraculous ways and take you on the most beautiful adventures... those experiences will get you even more of Jesus and there is nothing sweeter than that. 

Something that is also very evident about you, is that your beauty is captivating. I think this scares your daddy the most. ;) I probably hear him say "NO BOYS!" on a daily basis... and you're not even 2 years old! No matter how gorgeous your external beauty might be, never lose sight of what true beauty is... "beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." Proverbs 31:30. Abide in the Lord and He will abide in you... there is nothing more radiant or beautiful than that. 

I'll save the "NO BOYS!" talks for later letters.

I cannot wait to see the amazing woman that you will become. The world is a better place because you're in it... I'm just so thankful that I get to be a part of your life.

With all my love,

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages