We made these amazing Purple Smoothie Pops from Ree Drummond (better known as the Pioneer Woman) and they were too amazing not to share!! The world MUST know about these! I'm just doing my part to share the love!
Here is the Recipe:
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt (I used Fage Total)
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries (or frozen strawberries)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1/4 head red cabbage (I used less because I was afraid of this at first but we LOVED it! You don't taste it at all!)
- 1 cup cranberry or grape juice (or any deep red/purple juice... I used grape juice)
- Special equipment: popsicle molds (recipe makes 18 small but we did 6 large and drank the rest as a smoothie) *I got mine at Target but you can find them anywhere
- Add the yogurt, frozen berries, honey, banana and cabbage to a blender. Then pour in the juice and blend until smooth!
- Pour into ice-pop molds and stash them in the freezer until totally frozen. Remove and eat as required!
Recipe courtesy of Ree Drummond
Taste testing is optional but highly recommended!
WARNING!! I was NOT prepared for them to take 8 hours to freeze all the way :(
So in order to appease the impatient popsicle monsters we drank the leftovers as a smoothie and all was right in the world again!!!
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN WE HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW TO EAT THE POPSICLES?!?!?
Smoothies to the rescue!
If you survived the 8 hour wait period you will arrive in popsicle heaven!
We require all popsicles to be enjoyed outside (rain or shine) so that maximum joy may be experienced with minimal mess to the house! And let's be honest... everything is more fun with an umbrella!
Feel free to share with a friend or hungry brother!
We made these amazing Purple Smoothie Pops from Ree Drummond (better known as the Pioneer Woman) and they were too amazing not to shar...